india vs sri lanka asia cup final 2023:Ishan Kishan blasted the winning shot in the India vs. Sri Lanka final, giving India their first Asia Cup victory in five years in 2023. Mohammed Siraj’s incredible bowling performance, which resulted in 6 wickets, helped India upset Sri Lanka by 10 wickets.
india vs sri lanka asia cup final 2023 Highlights
India won the Asia Cup in 2023 thanks to iShan Kishan and Shubman Gill, who led their side to victory. The game was postponed due to rain, but nobody expected the approaching major storm. Mohammed Siraj destroyed Sri Lankan hitters like a hurricane, taking six wickets in seven overs. After taking three crucial wickets, Hardik Pandya reduced the Sri Lankan team to just 50 runs.By narrowly defeating Pakistan by two wickets during the Super Four round, Sri Lanka secured their place in the championship match, setting up a highly anticipated matchup versus India.
With their second straight final participation and 11th overall, Sri Lanka will be seeking to equal India’s incredible record of seven Asia Cup finals on Sunday.
With 166 games played, India and Sri Lanka hold the record for the most One Day International (ODI) matches played by any two teams. India has won in 97 of them, while Sri Lanka has claimed 57 victories. Additionally, 11 games had “no results,” while one game resulted in a draw.
The batting-friendly pitches of Colombo’s R Premadasa Stadium are famous.
Teams that set the goal have experienced better outcomes than teams that chase. Spinners frequently receive aid from the game as it progresses. Rain, which has caused many match stoppage in the competition this year, is the biggest worry.
Important moments in india vs sri lanka asia cup final 2023:
- After winning the toss, Sri Lanka decided to start batting first.
- The match’s start was delayed by 40 minutes due to bad weather.
- On the third pitch of the game, Jasprit Bumrah was able to grab a crucial wicket.
- Mohammed Siraj then had a big impact, taking four wickets in his second over to put Sri Lanka in a position of weakness.
- Mohammed Siraj produced a six-wicket haul in just seven overs, which was a remarkable feat of excellence.
- With 40 overs remaining, Sri Lanka was down to its final two batsmen after Hardik Pandya got another wicket in the 13th over. He was also the one who secured the last wicket.
- Sri Lanka, which had only 50 runs in 15.2 overs, faced an awful end.
- Ishan Kishan and Shubman Gill, India’s opening pair, successfully chased down the target with a stunning 263 balls to spare, breaking the previous record.